So once again Christmas has come and gone and you have been left with a gift or two that didn't excite you as you ripped off the wrapping paper.....so it is okay to re-gift these unwanted gifts?
Re-gifting has definitely become more socially acceptable in recent times but there are a few rules to follow....
- Only re-gift items that are brand new, unopened and unused.
- Make sure that you remove any previous cards or tags....because that could be a tad embarrassing!!!
- Re-wrap the gift....just in case the original gifter left a personalised note on the inside!
- Make sure that you think the new recipient would genuinely like the gift.
- Add a personal note/card.
- Don't re-gift presents that were especially made for you by the gift giver.
- Don't re-gift items that have special meaning or sentimental value.
- Make sure that you don't re-gift in the same circle of friends from where the gift originally came!!
- Don't re-gift just for the sake of de-cluttering, make sure that you believe your gift will be well received by the new recipient.
If in the end you don't think re-gifting is for you then consider giving your unwanted gifts to a charity or donating them to a school fete or the like, they will definitely be appreciated.
We'll let you in on a little secret....we sometimes re-gift!!! Now do tell, are you a re-gifter from way back or do you just hide your unwanted gifts away in the back of the cupboard?? Come on, you can tell us 😉